Friday, June 16, 2006

Another day!

My next door neighbour had a party for an Australian that just got into Canada. And since it was just next door, let just get a six pack and spend some time with people and get the fuck out of my room and my thoughts.
There were gay and straight and there was me! So where did I stand?
There were pagans and protestants and Christian catholics! So where did I stand?
I’m more and more the guy that makes the bridge in between. The guy wit the wise words to avoid the huge fight and keep the discussion alive.
Although my life is still a mess and my future as cloudy as ever, I can still find the inspiration to be around people and let ideas flow. I guess the right expression would be: I’m a political and social animal. I need people around me so that when I have something to say there’s someone to listen. So of course I hate to be ignored, I can’t stand being ignored!
I’m proud of myself! I had my hand in a joint and I said no! I had a bunch of alcohol at the table and I managed to stay sober! I had a neverending night ahead and I’m home! I managed to control myself, gain control of myself and do what I really want to do and not just what I feel like doing!
Am I getting old and responsible or just getting control of myself again?
It’s funny how I manage to do the most amazing things even when the world around me seems to collapse.
Whatever the future hold for me I have to say that today I’m proud of myself!

No comments: