Monday, August 20, 2007

Glass Castles (what I'm best at)

I'm reading a book! I go through the pages endlessly, sometimes wishing for time to stop so I can read until my eyes hurt and "the end" appears written in the pages.
In the beginning I did quite get it. What the hell are glass castles?
Now... as the pages left on my right hand begin to scarce... now I know that the book could very well be called dreams or unfinished life, or something like that.
But while I have a few more pages left, it made me think about all the glass castles in my life...
One day I was told I could be whatever I wanted to, be good at whatever I choose. Some say: do only what you are best at! Well, I guess I'm really good at dreaming... outstanding even... and I do pretty well at living too...
But I wish I didn't have so many glass castles in my life, so many unfinished stories, so many sand written promises and plans...
But then again... Dreaming is what I do best and without all my silly and impossible dreams I would have never felt the sweetness of a stolen kiss, the uniqueness of love, the realization of a dream becoming true!

No comments: