Monday, September 11, 2006

Friendship - the art of mixed feelings

So there she is, right there, far away where I can't reach, where I can't see, where I can't possibly do anything. She's sad, she cries (maybe she's not tearing but I know it hurts and she should be crying). All I can do is listening. For once I say: Never been there, never done that. I can only use my intuition (yes, that's a girl's thing but I always said I should have been a girl!!!) and let the words get out of my fingers (She's there, so far away that I can't even talk, listen to her voice) and then it happened - she smiled. I know she did because she told me so and I know she wouldn't lie to me. I know she's sad, I told you that, but even when you are sad you can truly smile!
Tomorrow I'll be there too, waiting for you and just for you and I hope that I can make you smile once more: Such a friendship is too precious to waste or ignore!

And here I am! Waking up with a smile, smiling all the way to the sunset, feeling enough energy to go for a run and enjoy every second. I know that I'm smiling for her too... I know that's all I can do...

I wrote you a poem:

Sometimes it's your smile
And that shine
In your eyes
But I swear
It feels like the whole sun
Shines in your face!

Sometimes I find myself
Trying to find the words,
All the words I can find,
To tell you how beautiful you are!
And when I'm done
I have pages and pages
Of beautiful words,
Made up words,
Words in all possible languages
Words in undiscovered languages
And yet
I feel it is not enough
to discribe your beauty!

I wrote you a poem and yet I don't think I've said it all!

No comments: