Thursday, July 06, 2006

The waiting

Waiting for you! Still waiting for myself!

Just look at me waiting! Look at how I still wait after all this time.
People say that there’s no love like the first and that we never forget our first love. It is true, I admit, that there’s no love like the first and obviously, since it was the first time we ever felt something we called love and lived according to it, it’s impossible to forget, forget how it started, the first conversations, the first kisses, the first frontiers to be crossed, the first night out. Of course, the first time sex happened and it was so much more than sex, it was love!
But look at me: my first love has been long gone (yes! It still shows up once in a while as a crazy passion, because there’s no love like the first one) and sorry, but you aren’t the second either, or the third… But what matters is that I still remember when and how it started, I remember the first kiss, the frontiers crossed, and how could I forget the first time we made love??? And yet do you remember? But even if you do, what does it mean? Why is it so hard to believe that it happened even if our memories start to appear blunted in our minds? Why is it so hard for me to admit what I feel for you?
So I let days go by, I let you make me smile, I do my best to make you smile and for some moments I believe that it wasn’t a dream, for a moment I feel your lips in mine, I feel your body next to mine by sunrise.
But as time goes by our smiles get forced, become rare and we are not we, but some strangers that remind us of a time that we no longer now if it was real!

No comments: