Monday, June 26, 2006

Insomnia

The night comes and I turn off the light. The days go by painfully and there’s nothing I can do but wait. Wait for better days to come, wait to have you in my arms again. Yes! I still dream…
I look at the starts in the ceiling and ask myself: Can you still fly?
An eternity went by since the last time I’ve let myself fly in my dreams. Yes! I dream, but I no longer fly. Wings no longer grow in my back as before, the skies are no longer blue and shinny, there’s no smile or bright.
Another day will come but I stubbornly insist in not falling asleep. I roll myself in bed looking for that little spot that right position to embrace me and let me go to my dreams. I’ve been every where in this bed, turning to the right, turning to the left, belly up or belly down; fetal position, Christ on the cross. I even try to put my head where my feet should be. I go through the same positions over and over again. I feel tired and sleepy but I just can’t sleep!
Sometimes it’s hard to fall asleep without you by my side!
I’ll wait for another day when finally something in me gives up and I find myself dreaming!

No comments: